Friday, January 30, 2015

Crickets and a Rearview Mirror

Saturday 1/30/2015 4:38 AM
Over the past year and a half I feel as if I no longer experience the presence of God in the way I did previously. There was a time when it seemed that I received direction from God nearly every time I read the Bible. More recently I hear nothing but crickets chirping when perusing scripture.
I find this seeming lack of communication or direction from God to be somewhat troubling, longing for the intimacy I felt previously. Today I read an excerpt from “One More Door into God’s Presence,” by Anne Broyles, that is a good reminder to me. She writes, “There are times when God’s activity seems clear: a specifically answered prayer, the saving of a seemingly unredeemable situation, strength which is wondrously given at just the right moment. Other times, we recognize God’s interaction with us only in hindsight when we take time to reflect on our lives.” I have a feeling that I am currently in circumstances that will require the use of my rearview mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment