Sunday, May 31, 2015

My Job

Sunday 5/31/2015 5:20 AM
Today I read this quote from Norman Shawchuck, “God is near to us, loves us, and awakens our love for God. Today I give thanks for God’s call and assignment to duty. I have been led to great challenge and diversity, but always I have been sustained. God never fails or disappoints and is always faithful, even when I foolishly forget my call and my constant companion. God’s presence is indefinable but unmistakable. Today I give thanks for that holy and sustaining Presence within my life and within all creation.”
This is a great reminder to me that God is faithful even when I am not. God loves me and it is the working of his Spirit in my life that motivates whatever love I have for God. God has called me, equipped me, and assigned me to my duty within the world and he sustains me as I work. 2 Corinthians 13:11 reads, “Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.”
My job in the world is to align myself with the purposes of God. He is in the process of restoring the creation to himself and he desires that mankind live in peace and harmony with him, with each other, and with his creation. When I am working toward that end I will experience true joy, love, peace, and the presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment