Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Easy Road

Tuesday 10/20/2015 5:16 AM
My assigned scripture today included Proverbs 15:24, “The path of life leads upward for the prudent to keep them from going down to the realm of the dead.” I immediately thought of two separate circumstances of which I am aware.
The first is that of Lamar Odom, former NBA and reality TV star, who nearly died from a drug overdose last week. His life has spiraled out of control for the past couple of years due to his addiction to cocaine and possibly other drugs. He was at the top of the sports world and the entertainment world but he took a downward turn and has been headed for disaster for some time now.
The other situation is that of an acquaintance that has previously made some extremely bad decisions that turned his world upside down. Since then he has gone to school, worked hard to succeed in his chosen career, got married and is now gainfully employed and is actively involved in the lives of his children. He is loves life and is living it to the fullest.
Sometimes I wonder what decision to make given a choice of two different options. A good question for me to ask when considering the path to take is, “Does this path lead upward toward a fuller life or downward, diminishing my life?” After the choice is made I would do well to ask if my life is improving or if it is going downhill. The path of a full life will always lead upward. It is easier to go down a path rather than to have to climb. I pray that I will have the courage and fortitude to lead the path that leads to life, especially when it’s an uphill climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment